You can ask questions and register by 27 October by sending an email HAUtoconnect@hebbel-am-ufer.de The workshop will be translated into DGS.
For this Instagram-filter workshop for beginners the dgtl fmnsm collective invites a long-time collaborator, the performer and media artist Alla Popp, to the HAU workshop studio. Together with Philisha Kraatz from the dgtl fmnsm collective, Alla Popp will introduce the political aesthetic and technical issues of Instagram filters. Face filters are a harmless entertainment instrument, political tool and artistic medium at the same time. The workshop will provide basic knowledge for developing and creating your own face filter. The workshop takes place online and offline.
Technical requirements for participation in the workshop:
1. a laptop with at least 10 GB free disk space and at least 4 GB RAM
2. smartphone with cable
3. basic computer/smartphone skills
4. image editing software like Adobe Photoshop or similar. Use programmes that you know or that you can easily learn to use.
5. Facebook and Instagram account which are linked to each other (please do this before the workshop) including all necessary passwords.
6. smartphone updated to the latest version with a working camera and free memory and Instagram app installed.
7. please download the software “Spark AR” before the workshop, install it on your computer and log in. With this programme you will create your Facefilter. Also download the app on your smartphone and log in.
All downloads can be found here: https://sparkar.facebook.com/ar-studio/download/ In this short tutorial will give you detailed system requirements for Windows or IOS and the installation process: https://youtu.be/y3JLWRdNGPQ
The workshops can be booked individually. Participation is free of charge. Additional dates: 26 November 2020, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
dgtl fmnsm has presented feminist, queer and tech-positive perspectives on technology narratives since 2016.